We have a big site at work but after the company expanded we were running very short on office space. Most of our accounts team was in a demountable office and they were really hot in summer and cold in winter. It was so much better for the whole team once we got the new office block built on site. This blog talks about the process of building a new office block, including the design and construction of a block for your team. I hope it will be useful for anyone looking to build a new office block on their site.
If you're thinking about renovating your home, here are a couple of safety tips which you should keep in mind, to prevent injuries and accidents from occurring during this process.
Take steps to avoid inhalation of toxic dust
Inhalation of any type of dust (irrespective of what the dust is comprised of) can irritate a person's lungs and exacerbate the symptoms of any respiratory conditions they suffer from.
However, the dust generated during the process of renovating a house can be particularly harmful if inhaled in large quantities. For example, the dust that may be released into the air after pulling off old tiles, or tearing down walls made from stone, plaster or concrete, is likely to contain silica.
When inhaled, this substance can cause a disease called silicosis, which can permanently inflame and scar a person's lungs.
As such, it is absolutely critical for everyone who will be in the house during the renovation process to wear high-quality respirator masks that will filter out dust from the air that they inhale, before it reaches their lungs.
Additionally, the areas in which the above-mentioned types of work are being performed should be well-ventilated. This can be done by keeping nearby doors and windows open and by keeping a portable extractor fan running in the rooms where the dust-generated activities are being carried out.
Do not perform electrical work yourself
Renovating an entire house can be extremely expensive. As such, you might be thinking about doing some of the work yourself in order to save a bit of money.
However, whilst there are certainly some simple tasks that you should be able to carry out quite safely, there are others which require the skills and expertise of a qualified tradesperson, such as an electrical contractor from a place like Degree C Pty Ltd.
One example of this is electrical work. Attempting to do this type work yourself, instead of hiring one of your local electrical contractors to do it for you, could have disastrous short-term and long-term consequences (regardless of how straightforward the task might seem).
Your lack of training and experience could result in you making an error which may lead to you being electrocuted (if for instance, you forget to switch off the property's power supply before attempting to rewire a socket).
Additionally, your lack of knowledge could potentially result in you making a mistake which could increase the risk of an electrical fire occurring in the future. For example, if after installing a new fuse box, you fail to ensure that the panel connections are fully tightened, the circuit could heat up, potentially to the point where a fire is ignited.